Visidon AppLock is a Fast, convenient and cool way to protect your mobile with face recognition. You can protect any application (i.e. SMS, Gallery, E-Mail, Facebook, etc.) on your phone using face recognition. Convenient and cool way to increase safety of your private apps and content. Additionally, Visidon AppLock lets you choose the apps to be protected. Your face is a key to open them! Application uses the frontal camera of your mobile and verifies in real-time that the face matches the one allowed to access the private apps.
Tips And How-To’s:
- You must have a front facing camera in your device to use the face recognition feature. Otherwise it is disabled and you are only able to use password verification.
- This application was developed and tested with Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 and Acer Iconia A500. User experience may vary with other devices due different hardware (e.g. camera etc.).
- In addition to the applications you wish to protect, you should also add Visidon AppLock itself and any application that can be used to close or unistall applications or services (task manager, settings etc.) as well as any application that can be used to install new applications (market, myfiles etc.) to the protection list to get your mobile fully secured.
- If the preview image is upside down or sideways, please try to set different camera orientations from the settings tab.
- The default security level is medium. If it seems too low (i.e. other people can get in too easily), you can set it to maximum from the settings tab.
- The most accurate recognition will be achieved when all the training images are taken directly from front (i.e. no profile images etc.). Also, you should take training images in different illuminations (in those environments where you usually use your mobile). Sufficient amount of images per person is about 5 to 10.
Visidon AppLock runs on Android 2.3 and up