After the first look, GO Launcher EX will surly make you think that this comes from the LauncherPro. They have very similar docks across the bottom of the screen, and you can scroll it left or right just like in LauncherPro. Both allow you to customize the dock, both in what shortcuts you can place there and how they’ll respond to a swiping gesture. But LauncherPro have some drawbacks. Also like LauncherPro, you can customize the number of homescreens on GO Launcher EX but it will offer you far more advanced features then LauncherPro. It has plenty of customizable options as well. So with all the similarities, ease of usage makes Go Launcher different from LauncherPro,
- Pinch fingers to enter preview screen and edit home screen pages
- Search “go launcher theme” to get themes and select them in “Themes preferences”
- Set screen transition and flip speed in “Display settings”
- Long press icons on home screen to active popup menu
- Long press icons in app drawer to edit location, uninstall apps and create folders
- If you can't set GO Launcher as your default home, download "Home manager"
Watch the video below
Overall, this is an excellent replacement for the default Android home screen with lots of features and customization options. At the time of this review the GO Launcher EX Android App is free. Thumbs Up.
- Hundreds of themes
- Fancy home screen transition
- Smooth scrolling experience
- Icon popup menu
- Folder and task manager in app drawer
- Gesture supported
- Scrollable & resizable widgets supported