If you are not away from the tech world, then you should already heard of Facebook Timeline. Yes, we are a bit late on featuring it. Facebook is launching its latest improvement in the quality of the profile of reading, the timeline. In the timeline, if I may, will be the new default reading your profile, allowing users to quickly access other past activities on Facebook. Once released Facebook is the only factor that will see once you go to your Facebook profile page to read the timeline. There are a variety of significant changes that led to read a new profile. In this article, I will be able to highlight several of them.
How To Activate Timeline without delay
Facebook has stated that they will launch Timeline to the final public in a very few weeks, but if you're eager, you can try it out by enabling developer version of Facebook on your profile. We are not going to show in details now but TechCrunch has printed a (slightly complicated) technique of activating Timeline without delay. though their technique isn't strictly a hack because it uses Facebook’s own developer tools, it's a risky method and bugs are expected. Having said that I even have not experienced any problems when following their technique.
Overview of Timeline : The Top Part
- Unlike the present profile, the Timeline read is separated into 2 distinct halves, prime and bottom.
- Your current profile image that doesn't modification
- A new “Cover image” that takes up the bulk of the highest part. This image is meant to function a form of “cover” for the viewers of the your profile.
- The Timeline scrollbar permits you to leap to any purpose since you started using Facebook. As my scrollbar indicates, my earliest contact with Facebook was in 2009.
- The basic personal data remains constant.
- A collage of all of your friends
- The most recent photo within which you've got been tagged
- Your current location
- Your “likes”
- And more
The top half additionally contains options like customizable “favourite apps” section slightly below the things five to eight. Here you'll be able to dump no matter apps you want to own fast access to.
Overview of Timeline : The Bottom Part
The bottom part may be a two-column interface dedicated to your activity on Facebook with prime photos, standing updates, wall posts from friends and primarily everything you get on my feet to on Facebook.
This part has the subsequent sections:
- The standing update section has been revamped. additionally to adding a standing, a photo, or a location, you'll be able to additionally establish the importance of the standing itself by clicking on one in every of the 5 standing indicators: work and education, family and relationships, living, health and wellness, and milestones and experiences. the concept is that within the future you'll be able to jump to vital milestones in your life if you indicate them. for instance, once I originally discovered my profile, I indicated that I had completed my highschool in 2009. Scrolling all the way down to 2009, there's an area on behalf of me to feature a photograph of my graduation. Facebook has done plenty of labor to confirm its algorithms devour on these milestones. In fact, it's like Facebook intends to become additional sort of a scrapbook collecting your thoughts instead of merely an area for your friends to share wall posts and photos.
- The recent activity feed shows what you've got been up to by tracking everything that you simply do as well as the music you hear, the articles you browse, and also the videos you watch.
- Lastly, the most portion of your profile options all of your standing updates, your friends wall posts, links shared, and photos taken.
In addition to displaying all the content mentioned on top of the Timeline additionally teams along your most significant updates.
Other Miscellaneous options
In addition to the updated profile read, the new Timeline additionally brings with it variety of latest options. These will all be accessed by clicking on one in every of the shortcuts (including things 5-8) within the prime half the page.
Clicking on the “View Activity” button on the most page takes you to the Activity Log page.
This page options a comprehensive list of everything you've got done on Facebook. This list is totally personal and not visible to the general public or your Friends. The main feature of the Activity Log, except for having the ability to look at all of your activity, is that the ability to tweak whether or not a specific item is viewable on the Timeline or not. to create this alteration merely choose the drop-down arrow on the correct of the corresponding activity.
You will either hide or enable the item otherwise you can “feature” the item on the Timeline. after you “feature” an item on the Timeline it takes prominence by removing the two-column read and displaying solely that item.
To change your personal data, merely hit “Update Info” on the most page. Your data stays constant, but it's a lot of easier to amend it because it is all viewable on one single page.
The friends’ list has been fully revamped to show a endless scrollable list of all of your friends.
Photos and Videos
The photos and videos page functions constant as before however appearance fully totally different. The extraneous whitespace from the sooner profile read has been removed and it's currently a lot of faster to scroll through all of your photos and videos because it is all on one page.
The map is a remarkable feature that displays a geographical history of all the places you've got visited. So, whenever you tag a standing or photo with a geographical indicator, it'll show up on the map. If you employ this feature plenty, the map can eventually extra service and show you all the places you've got visited throughout your life (or a minimum of since you started using Facebook).
Like the alternative updated pages, the new notes page may be a single scrollable list of notes with an index of all of your notes on the correct facet.
The “Likes” page displays icons of all the various pages you wish, categorized consistent with the kind of things they're (e.g. music, books, movies, television, games, etc.). The “Likes” page additionally displays the pages you've got liked on a yearly basis:
The new Facebook subscribe feature permits an asynchronous technique of following users who don't “friend you”. basically, your public posts are viewable by anyone who “subscribes” to them, there's no would like for you to approve these subscribers.
Facebook has updated plenty of its options however 2 things extremely stand out. Firstly, the Timeline read is perhaps the most important modification to the profile since Facebook originally launched. The read approach} additional dynamic and it acts sort of a time capsule all the way back to after you 1st joined. The second major modification is that plenty of the pages that were cumbersome to navigate are streamlined into long scrollable lists creating it a lot of easier to look at your content.
That’s what we think about the latest Facebook feature “The TimeLine”. What do you think about it? Let us know your thinking's.