Some Android developers and cracker from XDA-Developers forum have created a method to install the ROM of Android on Samsung Galaxy S II a while back . Previously on the beta phrase, the ROM was a bit buggy which contained several stability issues and bugs. But this latest version is already normalized and you will not find many bugs, it’s still not the official version though. Today we are going to take you over a step by step process to install Android Ice Cream Sandwich in Samsung Galaxy S II. Continue to follow it.
Disclaimer: We are going to replace Galaxy S II’s current ROM and replace it with a new one. Although you will get the latest version of Android on your Galaxy S II by following this method, still it is not recommanded to follow unless you are an enthusiast Android fan. The ICS ROM is still in beta phrase and ABC Trick will not be responsible for any damage that your product may suffer in the process.
- Download the ROM. It will come all the files needed to proceed with the tutorial. Click here to download and use the password samfirmware.com to unpack. After downloading, extract the files and save to a folder on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your Galaxy S II. Just go to Settings>Applications>Development and check this option.
- Turn off your device and then put in Download Mode. To access to Download Mode, press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power together. Release the buttons only shows when the screen is in the image below.
- Press the Volume Up button to continue. You will then see a message that the file is being downloaded along with a warning message. This means that you are in Download Mode.
- Download Odin application to your computer through this link .
- Open Odin. Now go to the folder you created in Step 1 and put the following files in Odin (based on tab name),
- PIT = u1_02_20110310_emmc_EXT4.pit
- PDA = I9100_CODE_I9100XXKP8_CL42141_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- PHONE = MODEM_I9100XXKP8_REV_02_CL1092599.tar.md5
- CSC = GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXAKP8.tar.md5,
- Now from the Odin applications window, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
- Connect the Galaxy S II device to your computer, Odin will automatically recognize it. Note that in the yellow box appears in the port that your device is connected.
- To start press the Start. DO NOT turn the power off or unplug the cable until the Galaxy S II restarts.
- Disconnect the cable after the software shows process finished confirmation.
The following screenshot shows how the Download Mode looks like:
The following screenshot shows how the Odin software should looks:
After following each step carefully you can already run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with TouchWiz on the Samsung Galaxy S II. Comment here for any types of assistance.