This application allows you to add or remove buttons in no time, which means you do not have too the book system after adding or removing anything, simply just need to refresh the Windows Explorer window.
- Action: Choose whether you want to add the selected buttons, or to remove the selected buttons. You can use the 'remove' action to remove the buttons that you previously added with the 'add' action.
- Toolbar Mode: Choose when the selected buttons should be displayed: when one or more items are selected (In Windows Explorer) or when items are not selected.
- Buttons List: Choose the buttons that you want to add or remove. You should be aware that CustomExplorerToolbar displays all available Explorer buttons. However, some of them won't be displayed on Explorer toolbar, even if you chose to add them.
- Folder Types: Types of folder that will be affected. The most important folder type is 'Generic', which represents almost every file system folder. You can also choose to add or remove the toolbar buttons in the Documents/Music/Pictures/Video libraries of Windows Explorer.
When you first start the portable software, you will notice that everything is configured on one screen. A list of available buttons has been placed prominently in the interface. These functions can be selected via checkboxes. Each item is listed with its title and a description of its functionality. Next to the items are folder types which define under which folder types the buttons are displayed. An example would be the slide show button which makes only sense when a picture folder is opened. The Action pulldown menu defines whether the selected buttons are added to the Windows Explorer toolbar or removed from it. Just select Remove the specified toolbar buttons or add the specified toolbar buttons to do so.
The Toolbar mode pulldown menu defines when the selected buttons should be displayed in Windows Explorer. The buttons can either be configured to show up when one or more items are selected, or none.
A click on the Do It button sets the values in the Windows Registry. The changes will be effective immediately, you may need to close all Explorer windows before they become visible.
Ready-Made Add & Remove Options
- Burn, burn the selected files and folders to disc
- Close, close the active window
- Layout, configure this folder’s layout
- Copy, copy the selected items to the Windows clipboard
- New Folder, create a new, empty folder
- Slide show, display all of the selected videos and pictures in a slideshow
- Include in library, include the selected folder in a library
- Nobody, Makes the selected items private so that other people cannot access them
- Delete, deletes the selected files and folders.
- Cut, moves the selected items to the Clipboard
- Search on website, open the website to view all search results
- Organize, organize the selected folder’s contents
- Paste, paste the contents of the clipboard
- Redo, redo the last action
- Remove Properties, remove properties from the selected file
- Rename, rename files and folders
- Select all, select all items in the folder
- Email, send selected files as attachments in the default email client.
- Print, send the selected files to the default printer
- Share with, share the selected items with other people on the network
- Details, Library, Navigation pane, preview pane, menu bar, hide or show
- Properties, display the properties menu for the selected file or folder
- Sync, Sync files with your computer
- Undo, undo the last action
Using CustomExplorerToolbarCustomExplorerToolbar doesn't require any installation process or additional dll files. In order to start using it, simply run the executable file, CustomExplorerToolbar.exe
If UAC (User Account Control) is turned on, Windows 7 will ask you whether you want that this program will make changes to this computer, and you should choose 'Yes' to run the program.
After running CustomExplorerToolbar, the main window is displayed, and you can can choose the toolbar mode, buttons, and folder type, and then press the 'Do It !' button to add the toolbar buttons your selected.
How it works
CustomExplorerToolbar updates the toolbar buttons list stored in TasksItemsSelected and TasksNoItemsSelected Registry subkeys, under the following Registry keys: (Every key represents a different folder type)
If the owner of the Registry key is TrustedInstaller, CustomExplorerToolbar automatically changes the owner and permissions, make the toolbar change, and then set back the original owner and permissions.
CutomExplorerToolbar works on Windows 7 and supports both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.