Installation is simple and easy. 1st download the file from the provided link below and then open it. It will prompt to select language.
Select one (I have selected English) and then press ok. You must agree with the terms and conditions in order to proceed.
At the end of installation, it will ask you to create Short and Quick Lunch icon. Creating Shortcut is recommended.
After being launched, Desklayer sits in the system tray. From here, you can access Settings to select a layout type (border or grid), disable layouts, and enable auto start for Desklayer at system start up. You can also add application windows to exception from Add to make sure that their alignment is not affected by the applied layout.
The Grid layout, automatically arranges windows in a grid like format by vertically arranging them. If you resize windows, the empty space is automatically filled to adjust other windows to fill the empty space.
Similarly, the Border layout displays window edge and fills the empty space when a window is expanded or contracted. Such alignment can be quite handy to keep the main window in the center while viewing the other window types from their edges (as show in the screenshot below).
- Border Layout and Grid Layout (Java-like) for windows arrangement
- Dynamic resizing of windows to exploit all the possible space on the desktop
- Dynamic re-arrangement after windows events (close window,add window,minimize window,maximize window, ...)
- Possibility of add and move windows from and to all the sides of the layout (in border layout mode)
- Exclusion of windows associated to selected executables
- Assignment of custom dimensions to the sides of the layout (border layout only)
- Automatic arrangement of all visible windows on desktop
- Restore windows positions to their positions before the applying of Desklayer's layout
Hotkeys List To Access Easily
- CTRL+ALT+B : activate border layout
- CTRL+ALT+G :activate grid layout
- CTRL+ARROWS: move or exchange windows arranged from the side indicated by the arrow to the central cell cyclically (only border layout)
- ALT+ARROWS : move selected window to the side pointed by the pressed arrow
- ALT+F10 : move selected window to the central cell
- CTRL+BACKSPACE : restore windows positions to their previous arrangement on the desktop (before applying Desklayer's layout)
Desklayer works on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.