With the invention of new technologies and new audio devices brings up the problem of incompatibility of music files on different platform and reproducing apparatus. One way to eliminate this problem is to convert the source files to other supported formats and to do so, Audio Converter application were created. Previously we shared a great profile based music converter called Hamster Audio Converter. Today we will be sharing another great similar freeware tool called Free Audio Convert Wizard. Free Audio Convert Wizard is one of the best free programs that not only converts audio from one format to other but also extract audio from a video file. With just a few clicks you can turn your music converted to MP3, WMA, M4A or other formats and extract audio from videos. In addition of being lightweight and easy to use and does not interfere with other running applications as it consumes pretty low system resource. It is quite simple to use with a nice and easy to use interface. Anyone can use Free Convert Audio Wizard without any problems. More to read.
Using Free Audio Convert Wizard is very simple, but you need to install it first. During installation, it will ask you to install a new browser toolbar and change your current search engine. Since it is not that useful or necessary for trying this tool out, you can choose not to do those.
Once you have installed Free Audio Convert Wizard, run it. To add new audio or video files in the queue list for conversion, click on Add Videos and then choose preferred videos and audio files. It also partially supports drag and drop mode means you can add music/video files dragging them on the app window although you cannot drag a folder to add all supported files inside it. Then click Next.
Now it’s time to choose the destination folder where the converted files will be placed and also the output format of the audio. Once you have chosen these options, just click Convert and let the program do all the work.
When the Free Convert Audio Wizard finish the conversion, a report will be displayed with some information with the full file name, how many were successfully converted and how many were not modified. Now just access the folder selected for output files and enjoy!
- Convert audio files between various audio formats (MP3 to WMA, RA to MP3, FLAC to MP3, etc.)
- Convert videos of various formats into audio formats (FLV to MP3, AVI to OGG, WMV to WMA, etc.)
- An operating window with detailed file info
- Well-defined presets to control the quality precisely
- Wizard mode provided to guide beginners step by step
- Batch processing saves more time
- Completely free!
- Convert video to MP3 & tons of formats to audio to enjoy in the portable devices
- Convert FLV files downloaded from video sharing websites to sound files supported by the music player
- Extract sound from your MTV collection
- Extract interesting audio from movies for ringtone
- Extract audio from live performance video
Free Audio Convert Wizard supports multiple audio and video formats, check out the list below.
- Input video formats: AVI, MPEG, MP4, FLV, SWF, RMVB, WMV, ASF, 3GP, MOV, etc.
- Input audio formats: MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, AAC, M4A, FLAC and MP2
- Output audio formats: MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, AAC, M4A, FLAC and MP2
The developer also notes that the program may well support other video formats beyond those listed above. Although we have performed any tests with other formats, you are free to try to extract audio from any type of video. Definitely worth checking out and earn the credits discovery.
Free Audio Convert Wizard is a great alternate tool to convert audio files and as well as to extract audio from a video. Free Audio Convert Wizard is a completely free tool works on Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista and we also tested it successfully under Windows 8 Consumer Preview.