It is known that file fragmentation is a major cause of slow computers. So keep your system without a multitude of scattered pieces of files is essential for obtaining maximum PC performance. Yesterday we have told you what is file fragmentation and why does fragmentation occurs. We also shared a great tool to defragment HD called Auslogics Disk Defrag. Today we are sharing another completely free disk defragmenter tool called Jwansoft Disk Defrag. The application developer ensures that their product is 100% safe, free of any types of viruses, spyware or adware. Jwansoft Disk Defrag is a simple and easy to use tool as well as functional. It’s interface does not have great visual appeal, however has easy access buttons and icons to make the job easier for you.Even if you have no experience in this type of application before, can use this program without any problem at all. During our review, the application consumed a low amount of computer resources and can run on computers with limited hardware. More to read.
To get started with Jwansoft Disk Defrag, download the installer package and then install it. Once you have successfully installed the product, run it. Please note that if you are using Windows 7 or Windows Vista, disable UAC before running Jwansoft Disk Defrag or open the application as Administrator (Right click on the app and select Open As Administrator). Jwansoft Disk Defrag will then display a list of all drives on your computer. Once the application windows is opened, mark and select drives you want to check for fragmented files. By clicking Analyze, Jwansoft Disk Defrag will analyze those drives and show result in a cluster view map with colored block. Check out the meaning of colors:
- Gray : Clear.
- Black : Areas blocked by the operating system.
- Red : Fragmented segments.
- Blue : Unfragmented segments.
- Yellow : Sections of directories.
- Green : Compressed spaces.
- Purple : Regions used by the MFT (Logical structure of the NTFS system).
- Aqua : Temporary areas used by the OS.
Then you simply click on Defrag to defragment those selected drives. You can Pause/Stop and Resume the process at any time. Defragmentation finishes quite fast although it depends on the drive size and fragmentation status.
Jwansoft Disk Defrag also provides some other tools to improve the overall performance of the System. Through the Fast Optimize, Full Optimize and Optimize MFT features, you can reallocate files in a different method allowing you to speed up read and write process more.
- Fastest defragmentation algorithm
- Effective defragmentation algorithm
- Safety, it can never damage processed files
- Simplicity, it can be used without reading the documentation
- Ability to select multiple disks for defragmentation
- System ﬁles defragmentation
- MFT (master ﬁle table) defragmentation (on XP and later systems)
Jwansoft Disk Defrag is a freeware System Utility tool to defragment your HD. It works on Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista and we also tested it successfully on Windows 8 Consumer Preview.