Since the middle of last year, it has been speculated that Hewlett-Packard would go headlong into the mobile market with a line of smartphones and tablets in two series - one with Android and NVIDIA Tegra 4 and another with Windows 8. Although the rumors have not been confirmed yet, it was confirmed yesterday that HP finally entered the fray for the tablet market. During MWC-2013, the company announced the Slate 7, a device with 7 inches of LCD screen and resolution of 1024x600 pixels, dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 at 1.6 GHz, 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of space Storage.
Among the highlights of the device mentioned by the company are great viewing angle of it’s display (ensuring that you can see the content displayed on the screen even when the gadget is practically horizontal) and FFS technology, which is responsible for promoting better visualization performance in environments with low lighting.
On the issue of audio experience, HP bet on the Beats audio system, featuring two speakers on the bottom of the device. Moreover, the new tablet has the ePrint feature, with which you can send prints to some printer directly. Finally, HP emphasizes the presence of the latest version of Android, which for them is one of the most flexible OS and can offer the best possible interaction with the services and products of the Mountain View giant.
The HP Slate 7 should be available in the U.S. market starting in April at a price of $169 - which places value as competing 7-inch tablets, including the Nexus 7 and Galaxy Tab 2. The device has its front and back in black in gray or red color.
The complete configuration of the HP Slate 7 still was not revealed by the manufacturer. Below you can see a chart with the specifications reported so far.
- Screen: LCD touch screen of 7 inches with a resolution of 1024x600 pixels and equipped with FFS technology for better performance views in environments with low lighting.
- Processor: Dual-core ARM Cortex-A9 at 1.6 GHz.
- RAM: 1 GB.
- Storage: 8 GB (expandable via microSD memory card).
- Operating System: Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
- Camera: 3 megapixel rear and VGA on the front.
- Connectivity: WiFi (802.11 b / g / n) and Bluetooth 2.1.
- Sound System: Beats Audio.
- Battery: Up to 5 hours of video playback.
- Dimensions: 19.7 x 11.6 x 1.07 cm.
- Weight: 370 grams.